A GREAT DAY OUT FOR ALL THE FAMILY!
When is it?
Sunday 9th August 2015, from 10.30 am until 4.30 pm.
Where is it?
The hub of the event will be at THE MILL OUTLET BATLEY, sponsors of the event.
There will also be some action at DEWSBURY BUS MUSEUM in Ravensthorpe.
How much does it cost?
Admission to The Mill Outlet site is FREE! Our bus services are FREE! There will be a
charge for the Cavebus, Crazy Golf and refreshments, and it would be a good idea to
bring some money to spend at the trade stands.
To get the most from the event you will need to buy a Souvenir Programme, which also
admits you to our building in Ravensthorpe. This costs only £3, and will be available
from our HQ at The Mill Outlet, on the door at the Bus Museum, or from our inspector
in South Street, near Dewsbury Bus Station, or from the conductors on any of our buses.
What are the star attractions of the event?
* At least TWENTY BUSES operating in service - details at the bottom of this page!
* "Washing it to the Max" - mini-excursions on an Arriva Enviro 400 through the bus wash!
* Grand unveiling and entry into service of our latest completed restoration project!
* Network of free bus services!
* The Cavebus (pot-holing in a Dennis Dart!)
* Crazy Golf!
* Charlotte's Ice Cream!
Where will the bus services operate?
Services 3 & 4 will give a 15-minute frequency between The Mill Outlet and Dewsbury,
outside the bus station. Service 3 will extend from Dewsbury to our building at
Ravensthorpe, every 30 minutes. Service 20 will run round Batley & Carlinghow every
30 minutes, and service 60 will run hourly from Batley via Kirkhamgate to Wakefield.
A feeder service X33 will serve Belle Isle (Arriva Depot), Wakefield Market, and both
Kirkgate and Westgate railway stations in Wakefield.
SCROLL DOWN THIS PAGE FOR TIMETABLES AND ROUTE DETAILS!
Detailed timetables and vehicle allocations will be published in the Souvenir Programme.
What is happening at The Mill Outlet site?
* A large display of static visiting buses!
* An exciting variety of trade stands selling memorabillia, books, magazines, DVDs etc!
* At least seven departures per hour on our network of free services!
* The Mill Outlet, furniture & furnishings, household & homewares, sport & outdoors,
fashion & footwear, luggage & handbags, cook shop & collectibles, books & stationery!
* Four diverse restaurants!
* The Cavebus (pot-holing in a Dennis Dart) and Crazy Golf!
What is happening at Dewsbury Bus Museum in Ravensthorpe?
* Restoration projects in progress including a Guy Wulfrunian!
* Our own stalls of memorabilia, books, models etc!
* Charlotte's real jersey ice cream!
* The Bus Museum cafe!
* Tombola with some fantastic prizes!
* Treasure hunt for kids!
* Grand unveiling and entry into service of yet another preserved bus!